Puppies for Sale
- A storeowner was tacking a sign above his door that read, "Puppies for Sale"
The signs have a way of attracting children. Soon a little boy appeared at the sign and asked,
"How much are you gonna sell those puppies for ? The storeowner replied," Anywhere from $30-$50."
The little boy reached into his pocket and pulled out some change. "I have $2.37, can I look at them"?
The storeowner smiled, and whistled. Out of the kennel came his dog named Lady, running down the aisle
of the store followed by five little puppies. One was lagging considerably behind, immediately the little
boy singled out the lagging, limping puppy. He asked,"What's wrong with that little dog"? The man explained
that when the puppy was born the vet said that this puppy had a bad hip socket and would limp for the rest
of his life.
- The little boy got really excited and said," That's the puppy I want to buy!" The man replied," No, you
don't want to buy that little dog. If you really want him, I'll give him to you." The little boy got upset.
He looked straight into the man's eyes and said," I don't want you to give him to me. He is worth every bit
as much as the other dogs and I'll pay the full price. In fact, I will give you $2.37 now and .50cents every month
until I have him paid for."
- The man countered," You really don't want to buy this puppy son. He is never gonna be able to run, jump and play
like other puppies." The little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a badly twisted, crippled left leg
supported by a big metal brace. He looked up at the man and said,"Well, I don't run so well myself and the little puppy
will need someone who understands."
- The man was now bitting his bottom lip. Tears welled up in his eyes, he smiled and said,"Son, I hope and pray that
each and every one of these puppies will have an owner such as you."
- In life, it doesn't matter who you are, but whether someone appreciates you for what you are, accepts you,
and loves you unconditionally. A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks away.
copyright © 2001-2004 Life Research Universal